My day has started off shitty. First the parking lot I park in wouldn’t take my debit card – then it took $6 of my $9 dollars, cancelled the transaction, and didn’t give back my money. I did not want to use that machine anymore, so I had to drive to a different lot, pay the man, and find out that I can try calling the parking company to get my money back but they open at 8 (they think) and if I don’t have all of the info, I may have problems.
Fuck Tuesday already!
Then the first person I talk to is my sweet, but FUCKING CLUELESS QA PERSON. Why I have been blessed with this woman the entire time at this place is beyond me. She doesn’t understand anything – then gets mad and belittling towards me because it is clearly MY fault. First she lectures me about something that isn’t related to me (like I can fix that one) – then starts telling me how things should go even though she is wrong.
Please, oh, universe, please – just stop right there. Please? All of this before 7:30am – before I am adequately caffeinated – before I have even gotten through my emails overnight.
Because I know what I have left in my day:
- My 8:30 AM verbal flogging by the executive who will do it in front of the group
- My debate with the development manager about why she needs to give me a fucking status each Tuesday.
- My continued discussions with the QA woman who believes somehow I am responsible for the executive decision to cut her funds and stop her from testing my area.
- My status meeting-o-fun that will be me telling everyone why they are not on schedule as they would LOVE to believe they are.
- And various other interactions with my idiot analysts who love to toss me under the bus by not telling me shit.
- Fuck, maybe there will be some manager fun in there too.
This is never a fun day – can we just curb the rest of the fun? Just stop the extra shit right now?
Because I don’t look good in prison orange – and shutting my mouth may also not be an option as I have been known to explode like a volcano if too much is held in.
And I do have a wonderful light at the end of this crazy as business day – but I’m not sure if I will be able to stay focused on that positive to get me there. And I really want to get there – and not because Officer Friendly had to call him to bail me out.
So please give me a break.