1. I collect art books. Mainly they are collections books that you can get from a museum. I like reading through them, learning the stories about the artists and the pieces, and just relieving what I may have already experienced.
2. As a result, I know a lot more about art than one would think. I took one too many art classes in college – a result of being at a liberal arts college where I could take art classes and meet requirements for graduation. I took an African Art class that ended up being more a study an anthropology, than art. A Women in Art History class that ended up being more history. A design class and a landscape painting class. I often look at a picture I’ve taken and hear one of my favorite college professor’s voice in my ear asking “is that interesting?” He was a college icon – everyone had to have him to understand what made him such a great professor.
3. I can go days without showering – particularly when I haven’t been working out. It’s why camping never bugs me.
4. I am the defending champion for the family fantasy football league. I took great pleasure in beating the hell out of my brothers that season because they both consider themselves football experts and expected that they would be the only real competition out of all of us. They ate crow fast. It is why I wasn’t invited to be in their league the following year. My sister-in-laws upon hearing this made fun of them and their fear. My Monday night player had better do well, because there is a risk he could beat me this week. And I have to start off right. My sister-in-law who is joining us – well she’s kicking ass beating my dad 105 to 45. I knew I liked her.
5. I find it easier to keep my mouth shut online than I do in real life. I think it is because I know how easy it is to misinterpret something someone can say online, so I want to be really clear if I’m not happy with a situation. Plus, people can be selective readers. While people can be selective listeners too, I find I realize that is happening quicker and can correct it. Harder to do online where things seem to drag on and on and on.
6. I like quotes. I collect them. Such as:
“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” ~Wayne Dyer
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” ~Plato
“Reputation is character minus what you`ve been caught doing.” ~Michael Iapoce
7. I have read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books – the books the show True Blood is based off of. While the show as its own work is okay, I prefer the books. They are better. I had a chance to see the author speak this summer. I walked away wanting to read everything she wrote. She kept telling all of the gushing women that they need to remember to not escape in her books too often – there is a lot of real life to be lived.
8. I watch the online show The Guild religiously, yet I have no real interest in online games like World of Warcraft.
9. I frequent coffee shops or restaurants where the employees make me smile. I figure if the employees are happy and seem to want to be there that it would follow the food or drink will be better. So far, it is a decent theory.