Things I should be doing:
- Updating my project schedule to see if we are still on track.
- Putting projects in the new system.
- Sending out an email to the new project team with the info they need.
- Doing status reports.
- Updating the remaining art tags with the updated info on it so I can put them up tomorrow before the show.
- Promoting the show.
What I’m doing instead:
- Sending texts explaining to G that drinking while on jury duty is bad and possibly something that could lead to arrest if he was too drunk and selected for a jury.
- Watching kittens play and resisting the urge to go looking for a cat. We haven’t had a cat in our house for the first time ever – in like 20 years almost – and it’s not easy.
- Realizing it was 20 years ago that I was accepting an offer letter that resulted in G and me having to borrow money from everyone to afford to move to Oregon so I can take the job. Damn – that was 20 years ago. I feel old.
- Telling SB that I love him. What can I say? I do. A lot. A whole fucking bunch. I always knew I was poly. And I’ve always explained it’s kinda like having more than one kid – you realize you have a shitload more love inside you than you thought you had before the second one was born. Love is not finite and limited to a limited number of people. But damn – it still blind sides me sometimes – how much I love him – how much he adds to my life, adds things I didn’t even realize I needed until it was there. Yeah.
- Ignoring the person who annoys me with her non-sequiturs and need to be the center of all conversations.
- Writing up information that hopefully can be turned into politically correct, non-confrontational explanations as to why the organization I’m working with needs as much funding as it does for a lease. I had the pleasure (?) of learning a shitload of information about commercial leasing, zoning and occupancy codes. Yeah.
- Sending another text to G telling him that NO, the Church of Scientology is not a good place to visit during lunch.
- Wondering if they are going to broadcast the Women’s World Cup games and hopefully on a channel we can get in the break room so I can ‘work’ while watching the games. Yay wireless.
Things that made me laugh:
I will never claim my sense of humor is appropriate and not twisted.
Scott Sterling is a hero!
(btw- the creator of that video is a sketch comedy group.)
Ok – I guess I should get some work done.
And take my allergy drugs because apparently I missed taking it this morning as the sinus headache is tell me right now.
But I leave you with this which, yeah – also made me laugh…
….I’m not right.