Things that suck:
- Lack of sleep (yay 1:30am-4:30am awake times)
- Feeling like my body is fighting a cold….2 days before I’m going to Vegas with SB – between the lack of sleep and my immune system in overdrive, I’m in a weird space
Things that rock:
- Going to Vegas in 2 days with SB – going there for a kink event, spending 5 days there – and enjoying the fact work knows they cannot contact me
- Hot green tea
- Sunshine in Oregon in February.
- Having a real, grown-up photo printer that produces incredible images that match exactly what I see on my screen
- Feeling somewhat prepared to pack – clothes are washed, toiletries are purchased, don’t feel like I’m missing anything……at least not right now.
- Going out to see Alton Brown Live tonight – G bought us tickets what seems like forever ago. Should be good – our favorite food geek at a live show. Awesome.
I am seriously trying to focus on the things that rock. This cold is fucking with that. But it’s funny – last night I had this dream where I was at an event with someone I consider a mentor and a teacher. I was fretting about everything – anxiety and stress were definitely manifesting in the dream. She leaned over to me, placed her hands on me, and told me to breath with her. As I breathed with her, I felt all of that anxiety and stress leave – and in its place was golden light – warm light – I felt lighter – I felt better. When I opened my eyes, the people around us were grinning at what the saw because while I was feeling all of that, I guess they were seeing it. It was quite amazing. I’m trying to focus there – focus on that feeling – of peace, of all is going to be right, or no-stress.
Here’s hoping I can hold onto it.