Seems like when I am sleep deprived, I reuse titles. Or maybe I just think I re-use them in my weird state of mind.
We saw Ghostbusters at a local brew pub which has a movie theater. We took the kids. They were laughing so hard. Here is a short list of observations having seen a movie that is 30 years old:
- They smoked everywhere. Seemed having a camel cigarette hanging out of their mouths was the standard in each shot.
- Sigourney Weaver looks like a drag queen when she is possessed by Zuul.
- Ray Parker Jr will forever be known as the theme song singer for Ghostbusters. I know he sang other songs too – in fact that’s what made him a choice to sing it – he was popular. Yet, he will be forever the theme song singer.
- Gotta love the David Bowie inspired character costuming
- There is something blatantly homo-erotic about them “crossing their streams”…..or is that just me?
- The facial expressions of the StayPuff Marshmallow Man are hilarious!
- I think that Bill Murray plays the same character in multiple movies – they are all him. I didn’t realize that until watching him in Ghostbusters and realizing parts reminded me in his performance in other movies.
- Rick Moranis is fucking hilarious in this movie
- It’s interesting to see how high-tech things are in this movie. Card catalogs. Corded phones. Computers that are huge and did little. Greatest line was by Egon when asked if he likes to read – and he replies that he believes print is dead. 1984 is when he declared that.
- A 30 year movie with poor special effects by today’s standards, old technology, lots of cigarettes – and it can still make an almost 11 year old girl and an almost 14 year girl giggle their asses off – more than the adults in the place. Awesome.
Wednesday at work was stupidity day. Why?
- We had to meet with a huge group of technical people who decided that the invoice creation process is a good place to divert data from the invoice and send it to a report. So the system instead of producing an invoice for us to bill a customer, it would create a report for accounting. Don’t get what that means exactly? If it sounds odd, you are smarter than they are. Yeah, that was a fun meeting and a great way to start the day at 7am.
- When asked why I hadn’t put in the change order to bring the country live on Nov 1st, the person couldn’t understand why I had to do it over the weekend. I guess the idea that people are working in a system that cannot be taken down during the week is lost on them. He never got it no matter how many times I explained it.
- I told a data guy the same thing 10 times. When he came to me the final time, he got upset when I cut him off at the knees and told him to go away. If he didn’t understand it the first 9 times, once more was not gonna work. And the concept was not complex. It was simple. He just didn’t like the answer – but I chose to believe he is just dumb. Dumb kept him alive.
- I spent the day telling my business analyst to stop focusing on stuff that isn’t his problem – and to do his job. Literally, I said things like “you know what – do what you were told. Stop trying to think.” Mean? Yes. But when you are dealing with a Squirrel Boy (a person who sees a squirrel and must chase it) – you have to do it. Ironically my boss told me I wasn’t a bitch – just someone showing more self restraint than he would be showing.
- That is just a sampling. It s bad to deal with stupid when sleep deprived. But I am not writing this from jail, so clearly I did something right.
I got this on my FB feed today:
Then it was followed with “otters are assholes” – and a link to an article.
What I learned? Male sea otters have sex with the female by holding their heads underwater. Well, the female sea otters must have a way to deal with this without dying. Turns out that male sea otters, when feeling a bit horny, will find a baby seal, hold it’s head underwater, and fuck it. The baby seal will drown as a result. Think it’s done? Nope. I guess it’s like a big invitation for a big male sea otter necrophilia orgy. Yes, for a week or so, they will take turns fucking the dead baby seal.
What does this mean?
- Otters are kinky and into breathe play.
- Otters are pediphiles. Raping BABY seals and all.
- Otters are into blurred lines.
- Otter ARE assholes.
But isn’t that photo cute??
Maggie kicks G out of bed when she sleeps with us. She has slept with us 4 times, and she has kicked him out of bed twice. I feel that’s justified given his cat does that to me.
Derek rocks. I love that he is back in our lives. He fits. Him being here is right. He gets me – and I love that he does. I’m glad the universe brought him home.
Ok – that is all.