I was going to do a post on the airing of the grievances portion of Festivus, but I’m in a good mood. Why ruin it with trying to dig up things I’m not happy about.
So instead, I’m going to count the good things that happened this week….
- Sunday – a nice relaxing day at home. We made homemade gifts, baked a bit, and just had an enjoyable relaxing day with a fire in the fireplace. It was exactly what I needed to end the weekend.
- Monday – Last minute beers and dinner with a friend. After a month of planning, we finally made it happen. And it was a great evening. Talks we needed to have – laughs we really needed to have. Yeah, it was good night.
- Tuesday – An evening without DJ resulted in an early dinner where we had great conversations with Indigo. A night with all three of us curled up on the couch in front of the fire watching shows on tivo. Oh, and after Indigo went to bed, a great night of sex. Can’t beat an ending like that.
- Wednesday – Great day at work where I was able to jump in and help someone on a project….correction, take over that portion of the project and call bullshit on things and have others in awe. Listening to the developers play this song for the developers from India – and singing along in their own chipmunk voices. Martinis with G before dinner with his parents. A funny play (Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Christmas Carol).
- Thursday – A message that made me smile – not because of content per say but because of what it means. Lunch at a fancy French cafe (thank you contract company). Being told by my boss that I need to be a portfolio manager, not just a project manager, on the team. Finishing a project plan for the infrastructure guys in record time and having them snap to when I ask them for deliverables. And realizing they delivered ahead of the expected time – they just didn’t mention it.
- Friday – Getting to travel to see my parents and brothers. Spending Christmas with family – a low key family christmas.
How’s your week been going?