I was going to do a post on the airing of the grievances portion of Festivus, but I’m in a good mood. Why ruin it with trying to dig up things I’m not happy about.
So instead, I’m going to count the good things that happened this week….
- Sunday – a nice relaxing day at home. We made homemade gifts, baked a bit, and just had an enjoyable relaxing day with a fire in the fireplace. It was exactly what I needed to end the weekend.
- Monday – Last minute beers and dinner with a friend. After a month of planning, we finally made it happen. And it was a great evening. Talks we needed to have – laughs we really needed to have. Yeah, it was good night.
- Tuesday – An evening without DJ resulted in an early dinner where we had great conversations with Indigo. A night with all three of us curled up on the couch in front of the fire watching shows on tivo. Oh, and after Indigo went to bed, a great night of sex. Can’t beat an ending like that.
- Wednesday – Great day at work where I was able to jump in and help someone on a project….correction, take over that portion of the project and call bullshit on things and have others in awe. Listening to the developers play this song for the developers from India – and singing along in their own chipmunk voices. Martinis with G before dinner with his parents. A funny play (Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Christmas Carol).
- Thursday – A message that made me smile – not because of content per say but because of what it means. Lunch at a fancy French cafe (thank you contract company). Being told by my boss that I need to be a portfolio manager, not just a project manager, on the team. Finishing a project plan for the infrastructure guys in record time and having them snap to when I ask them for deliverables. And realizing they delivered ahead of the expected time – they just didn’t mention it.
- Friday – Getting to travel to see my parents and brothers. Spending Christmas with family – a low key family christmas.
How’s your week been going?
3 Comments Add yours
Happy Festivus to you! We like your list of good things; we appreciate it when people take the time to count their blessings, something we could certainly stand to do more often.
Your week sounds like it’s been great so far! Ours has been wonderful; Jill’s off of work, which means the typical obligations and errands for this time of year. But we’re not complaining, as her being home means lots of sex as well.
We’ve long thought that Han Solo was the perfect mascot for the Festival of Lights. Or Charlie Chan, depending on how you spell it. 🙂
Happy Festivus to you as well. I have been good this week regardless of the turmoil I have been thrown into. The one thing I hate about the holidays is the pressure…that I feel unnecessary to please others.
Our kids are still looking at it as a holiday of, “what did I get” instead of “what did I give” which is what it is all about.
But yeah…Keep the Han In Hanukkah!
Glad you are having a good week. I hope you also have a wonderful Christmas.