The other day, I woke up DJ by throwing things at her from her door.
“Is there even carpet under the crap on your floor?” I asked after she woke up.
“Moe, you can see it,” she said annoyed with my comment. Then quickly added, “kinda.”
I declared it clean-your-room day.
Later that evening, I went upstairs to check progress. Indigo was excited because she was actually ready to vacuum. DJ was evasive.
“Did you actually clean your room?”
“You can see spots of carpet now,” she replied.
“So what are you keeping?” as I reached under the bed and pulled out, “Something that no one knows the name of – what IS this?” I asked as I held it up.
DJ started laughing hysterically, then took a breath to say, “I have no idea what that is.”
“But we are keeping it, I see. We are going to keep this to remind us of why we need to clean the room.”
What started was a humor excursion into her room. We found:
- 5 spoons
- 18 hair ties
- numerous straws
- monkeys – lots of weird monkeys
- books she thought she had lost
- A Mother’s Day card she wrote & forgot to give me
- A Krispy Kreme hat
- A packet of ketchup
- balls – pairs of fuzzy balls in pink, red and blue
- Spelling words from March
- Her soccer players card from 2009
- Various paper cups
- Valentines Day Cards from last year
- A poster from the Beaver’s Baseball game – 4th of July 2010