- The Drop sucks. For those not familiar with the BDSM concept, it’s the emotional and physical response to coming off of the high from a scene. Emotionally, you feel all over the place – angry, sad, etc. A stark contrast to the floaty, euphoric high the scene left you with. After feeling great and happy and in awe of my weekend, yesterday sort of crashed down around me. It was not my best day. What complicates it more is when you don’t A) recognize what is happening and B) you are surrounded by people who don’t understand the phenomenon. Thankfully I got some good support coming down yesterday – cuddles and talking helped tremendously. I slept hard for the first time in days. In fact, I almost stayed in bed and slept all day. Emotionally, I’m feeling much better – but now my body is ready to recover. All that being said, I would do that weekend again. Guess, in the future, I just need to schedule a cuddle date two days after it ends to help.
- Work is still up in the air. I’m a week away from being without a contract. Everyone LOVES the idea of me staying around – loves it. But, no one wants to pony up the bucks to make it happen. But everyone expects it to happen anyway. Like I told one of the other IT managers yesterday, I know how this game is played. They lull my boss into thinking they will allow his budget overage. Then, six months later, they will nail him publicly for being far over his budget and deny ever giving him the green light to do it. I know where he’s coming from. But this game doesn’t help me.
- My family is on spring break this week. You know how much that it sucks to get up when no one else has to get up – and leave when no one else has to leave. I think everyone should have a mandatory spring break. There is definitely something to be said about taking the time off to just relax.
- I need to update my blog with all of my photos. I have them, just haven’t had time to post them….or read blogs …. or anything. I stumbled across this woman’s project and decided that anyone who thinks the 365Project is hard should look at her challenge. It’s quite awe inspiring.
- I’ve been pretty impressed with some Audrey Hepburn quotes I have been stumbling across lately:
“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
(a-men to that one!)
“People, even more than things, need to be restored, renewed, revived and redeemed. Never throw anyone out”
(to be honest, this is why i think i give people way too many chances – i believe everyone can be redeemed – or almost anyone.)
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
“Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.”
(i think this one describes how i’ve been feeling after the weekend)