No POD yesterday – because, i was, uhm….busy….distracted, if you will.
Instead, I give you Emmy’s 10 Thoughts fo Tuesday
1. Why must I fill out a 5 page permissions slip for a field trip for DJ? I am being asked info that I don’t think I could answer without calling her doctor’s office. So, I’m doing something bad. I’m lying. And to be honest, I don’t care. Why? Because, at the end of the day, the medical staff at the local hospital isn’t going to ask the date of her last tetanus shot as they treat her for something significant.
2. I suspect we will soon be regretting having four chickens now. With our mild weather, the hens have all started laying. In three days, we have a dozen eggs. We do not eat that many eggs. G has started making a list of all of the things we will be making to keep ahead of it.
3. I’m going to start signing up for a race a month from April thru the end of the year. I need to get running again and stay running. Nothing like some motivation being a race. And if all goes well, maybe I’ll do Run Like Hell half-marathon again. The theme this year is zombies. Cool!
4. We are on week number three of not having a working dishwasher. Our nice Bosch dishwasher broke – and it turned out that it was actually a known issue that the company issues a recall for. Good news is that we get the part for free. Just wish it would have gotten fixed sooner.
5. We have too many t-shirts.
6. I’m reading a book called Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It’s quite entertaining so far. I actually must admit that I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with the movie.
7. I banned comics from the bedroom. After tripping over them as I try to get to the dresser, I removed every single one of them from the bedroom while G was gone. He has nearly 100 books of comics (think books not your typical comic books) piled next his side of the bed near the dresser. Let’s just say that I tripped, got mad, and moved them all out. The upside? We can get to the restraints easier now.
8. Our yellow lab has decided our black lab is a pain in the ass. They have been fighting lately – two old dogs who have decided they are no longer tolerant of each other. Usually they sort it out – no big deal. Works except for the middle of the night when they get in an argument over blanket – and go at it. What a great way to be awoken.
9. Have I ever mentioned that I love Anthony Bourdain? His rants make me laugh as he says exactly what most people just think.
10. People perplex me sometimes no matter how hard I try to just take what they say as they say it. Just wish actions and words would match up occasionally. Or that my brain would let me let it go. It’s like there is something in the air right now.